Friday, January 1, 2010

Monica Blaire on Minced Meat 1/03/2010

For the first interview of the New Year (Happy New Decade!) I'll be hosting an interview with none other than Detroit's Queen of Hip Hop, Monica Blaire. I remember when K-Fresh first introduced me to her as just that, it was at TV Bar in winter of '08 on a Stoopidfresh Tuesday. It was right after I heard the first track I'd heard her on, it was a Radiohead - Knives Out - as produced by Wajeed. I've heard lots more since then, one of my favourite tracks is "Hey Hoe" with Guilty. That hook gets stuck in my head...
Monica has seen a lot of success in 2009, and it's because she keeps it movin'. (See previous post) She recently performed at the Quest For A Cure Benefit Concert @ Saint Andrews with Stretch Money +. We'll be talking about her upcoming performance presented by the Detroit Institute of Arts: The Monica Blaire Experiment will be held at the Detroit Film Theatre within the DIA, and will feature other performances by Ro Spit, Jon Bibbs, the legendary Ortheia Barnes and Marv Won (more about Marv to come).

Check her out in the video WHAT I WANT released in 2006 on Silent Riot
...and this one with Bizarre of D12, SO HARD

Immediately following Monica's performance at the DIA, you can catch her at The Shelter with friends DJ Phrikshun (aka Ro Spit), JWAN, Krack Diesel, Miz Korona and Danny Brown, who's album was set to drop today. More on that later (listen to the show this week). The party celebrates the release of the Wayne Fontes mixtape from Marv Won of the Fat Killahz (who just dropped The Way of the Won, get that here).

Check this one out from Marv, from his 2009 debut solo single, Stomp

Dont forget to show up to the shows!

No comments: