Saturday, June 26, 2010

Beat Per Week #7 from Doc Illingsworth

I like this track a lot, played it first on Minced Meat last week. But for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to say "Pimpshits" out loud over the airwaves, though we all know it would have been hilarious. Say it out loud. See?
Here's what Doc says about it:
"I had this little pimpish style groove in my head. I also put a little interpolation of Morris Day and The Time's "Cool" in the background. This ain't the next level shit. It's pimp shit lol. It's a bit rough....not sure if I'm exactly stuck to the instrument choices I made. I also recorded some silly vocals on top. They might be hard to hear but I'm seriously thinking about redoing this and making the vocals really really audible. Some of the lyrics go as follows "I gotta jheri curl and I'm spraying on activator, don't get pimp slapped, better have my money".....Things of that nature. This was done in Ableton with Acid 7 rewired into it for some of the drum stuff.
ILLINGSWORTH - Pimpshits - Week 7 by illingsworth
Tell the homey what you like about this beat: @illingsworth

No comments: